This year’s Joy Project offering is just one of the ways that we as a church body can give to our community. It’s our goal this Christmas season to show our community how much Christ loves them through our generosity.
The Joy Project offering will be used specifically for:
- CFCC families who may not have the financial resources to provide Christmas gifts for their children. Over the last six years, the Joy Project has helped numerous families thoughout the holiday season.
- Continuing our partnership with the local schools. We will be working through the school administration to identify families who may need financial assistance in providing gifts for their children.
- Providing meals to the homebound through Meals On Wheels of Horry County, a local ministry that glorifies Christ by providing home-delivered meals and fellowship to the homebound elderly and frail.
- Our continued partnership with Waccamaw Youth Center to help support these young people over the holiday season. The Waccamaw Youth Center provides comprehensive residential services for abused, abandoned, and grossly neglected youth.
- Continuing our partnership with Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach. Helping Hand is a crisis intervention agency whose basic purpose is to minister to the needs of the community which are not met by existing institutions. Donations help provide food, transportation, utilities and rent, medications and other important services to those in need.
100% of all gifts given to the Joy Project
will be given out to those in need.
Why a Christmas Offering?
From the inception of Carolina Forest Community Church, God has placed it on our hearts to be a generous church that is sacrificially serving the people of our community. The Joy Project is an opportunity for us to grow in our faith and meet special opportunities. This offering is not designed to supplement our annual budget, nor will it be used for “regular” expenses of the church. Instead, it’s an opportunity for the church to go above and beyond to make a greater impact.
What’s the difference between the regular offering and this special offering?
The regular offering at Carolina Forest Community Church covers fixed and planned expenses as outlined in our budget. Things like facility costs, staff salaries, and ongoing ministries are covered in this way. The Joy Project is a special offering designed to fund special opportunities that are outside the scope of our regular budget. It’s a special opportunity to meet special needs. It should be over and above what you regularly give.
How much should I give?
As God has been generous to us through Christ, we want to be generous to others for the glory of Jesus! To do that, we want to challenge everyone to get involved! The amount that you give is between you and God. The idea here is to pray and ask God, and then act in faith.
How can I give?
As a convenience for you, there are FOUR ways that you can give:
- Use the Joy Project envelope to give during our Sunday services.
- Mail the Joy Project envelope to our office anytime.
- Give Online here.
- Use our new TEXT GIVE option. To give specifically to the Joy Project, just text the word JOY followed by the amount to (843) 353-1558 (Example: JOY 100 or JOY $100). For more info on how to sign up for this fast and secure method of giving, click here.
Are my gifts tax-deductible?
All contributions made to CFCC, whether the regular offering or the Christmas Offering, are completely tax deductible. In January, you will receive a statement detailing all of your 2016 giving. Be sure to include your name and address when you give. Don’t forget to update your information with our office if something has changed.